Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The washer

As with any home appliance, our washer started to malfunction. We decided to send her to the big washer farm upstate so it can roam around and wash clothes freely.

The new machine arrived, I was home to accept the delivery. It seemed as easy as just signing for it. The problem was: 
They would come from 1-6 pm. In my head that meant I would be eating lunch and they would come (because I eat lunch from 1-6 like a normal person).
We have 2 permanent roommates her names are Sandy and Maggie. The average cat hears the door bell and they hide for days, weeks even. Our permanent roommates are different. They go to the door and greet you, they ask how's the family, they ask for a belly rub and some treats.
Also, the front door, hallway, stair door would be open. Which means our roommates would attempt an escape and live in the woods and we would never see them again. A little tough to explain to my SO. "Honey, the girls escaped. But they left their catnip behind, so, I think they'll comeback."
The girls before the kitchen incarceration. (Black stripes to protect their identities LMAO)

The delivery people were here. I locked the girls in the kitchen. I unlocked the door. I decided to go downstairs. I asked one of the guys if he spoke English. He replied: "nein, nein deutsche" with a heavy Russian accent. Which I understood great neither of us speaks a common language. I pointed at the stairs. The second guy said: "we go upstairs." And that was the last sentence everyone uttered until it was time to sign for the washer. The one guy said something like this in German: "sign here, initial here for your first born, sign here to donate all your blood." At that point he was just messing with my head. He then said in English "I almost forgot guarantee." Then both left.

Now, I'm wondering why there's a washing machine wrapped in plastic and no one in sight to install it. Time to "Google" some stuff.


Wish me luck people.

No comments:

Post a Comment