Monday, December 16, 2013

Mr. Brawny and the Christmas tree

Yesterday I became a lumberjack. Or at least that's what It felt like. I for the first time in what it seems like 5000 years cut a tree, a Christmas tree, it was a colossal 3 FT or so tall. Before we start laughing about my accomplishment let me start by saying. I have never cut a tree, branch, or anything remotely close to a tree. The closer I ever came to it was going to the flower shop and ask for a dozen flowers. Yesterday, in my head I was part of the long tradition of lumberjacks, I was as manly as Mr. Brawny, or Wolverine from the X-Men. As I walked up hill to the forest with my adopted German family, I realized how many other families were doing the same. This is a tradition that I liked and could adopt.

After we got there, we went to check on Santa (yes, there was a Santa) as well as the reindeer. We all had hot cherry wine (Kirschwein) and hot apple juice (heißer Apfelsaft), (yes, that's a thing here) then we proceeded to find our price. We found for us what my gf's father described as a one hand tree, they cut one similar to ours, twenty euros later, as we're making our pilgrimage back to the cars, I realized how far from being a lumberjack I was. I had tree sap on me, the small tree was getting heavier by the second and I couldn't throw the tree on my shoulder because I would dirty my new jacket. Nevertheless, I carry our little tree on one hand. Later that day we decorated as it was my 7ft tall back home.


Prost! to the genius who invented hot wine




Our tree. You can imagine what it looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment